Saturday, August 13, 2011

Three French Hens French Flea Market, Morris IL

In their last issue, Romantic Homes Magazine listed the French Market in Morris, IL as one of the top ten most romantic open air markets in the country.  Today, we had the opportunity to go to the monthly flea.  The vendors staged their wares in true artisan form all along the I & M Canal Corridor.  While coffees and cakes satisfied some of the senses,  the visual  stimulation was provided by a variety of folks selling their wares.  In this post I will be featuring six artists and shopkeepers (in no particular order), and I will keep my words few so you can enjoy the flea as well.  The contact information for the vendors is also provided.


Artisan #1

Anita Young, of Anita Young Artwork
Wilmington, IL
http://www.artistbytheriver.blogspot.com
















Artisan #2

Deb Opyd - Curator
Relics- Gifts and Curiosities
3410 NE Adams Street
Peoria, IL 61603
309-681-9588





































Artisan #3

Amy
Eclectique
Green Boutique and Book Market
300 East Main Street
Plano, IL 60545
630-273-2076
open: Tues-Fri 12:30-5:30, Sat 10-5



























Artisans #5 & #6

(these gals shared a booth and are part of a group of shops in Morris known as the Three French Hens Shops on Washington Street)

Whimsy
Fancy Goods & Fine Events
WhimsyDecor.com

&

Ruby Begonia'S
114 West Washington Street
Morris, IL 60450
815-941-0752




















...and Artisan #6

Gail Healy Raffel
{Chief Executive Finder}

Lost & Found
{A Place to Find}
1315 East Seiberling Ave
Peoria Heights, IL 61616
309-696-0289



















Thanks again, girls, for letting me photograph your booths for everyone to see.  Everyone, please stop by their web addresses and check out their online spaces.

9 comments:

eleven-o-one said...

Love the photos and it makes me wish I was in IL!
Thank you for stopping by the Design Challenge and sharing your ideas on my porch. Love the mantle idea AND the pop of red. Hoping to post a "reveal" in a couple of weeks. I really appreciate your ideas.
fran @ www.eleven-o-one.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Andrea~

Great photos! It almost feels like I am there {wishful thinking}. Glad to have found your blog & happy to be a new follower. :) I invite you to link to my {K.I.S.S.} Blog Bash.

~Christina~

Drop By The Tattered Tag

Kristal said...

Oh, what a beautiful time I just had looking at all the wonderful pictures and daydreaming!!

Thanks for the tour of the flea market.

XoXo,
Kristal

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Gorgeous photos!! I read about that flea & wished I could go, but I'm in NJ, too far (although it's my goal to get to the Brooklyn Flea before December)....thanks to you, I almost feel like I was at that beautiful market!! Thanks for sharing :)

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

Beautiful pictures. For some reason that silver bird skull really speaks to me! Thanks for sharing these!

Emily@LovelyBeasts said...

By the way check out my post today when you get a chance. I hear you might know the writer of the blog I mentioned...

Anita said...

Oh I love it! Makes me miss living in IL!

Debbiedoos said...

Gorgeous photos and gorgeous pieces to photograph. Glad you shared with my newbie party. Please add my link or button to your post or blog would be great.

Unknown said...

Fantastic, congratulations! I love the idea house and your photos are awesome!
dining-table

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...