Monday, February 20, 2012

Sheet Music Lovelies

While looking for some sheet music at the local antique stop (for a project of course),

I found a few booklets where the cover was more stunning than the faded note pages themselves.






Dated from the 1920's this shameless sweetie is what I would call hot to trot!







Ruby red lips, flawless alabaster skin, bare shoulders under a daring hair cut...








...boy, did they know how to advertise!








This beauty is a little more wholesome and sweet.
Maybe even a little frumpy if your saw Swanee first.
But the bonnet covered head lends itself to a more soft-spoken kind of romance.







Sharing my $1.00 a piece finds at:

15 comments:

Paulette said...

Love the sheet music, especially the covers. They sure did know how to advertise back in the day.

Anita said...

I love them! I've got a couple of music sheet covers myself that I absolutely adore. Nice find!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Outstanding treasures...love sheet music and thrifty ones are even better. Thanks for sharing with us at NTT.

Blessings,
Linda

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Pretty covers and I can't believe they were only a $1.00!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Those are beautiful covers. I love the old time advertising.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

Wow you did well for so little money!!

They are beautiful.

Have a good week


Fina

Donna@anangloinquébec said...

Lovely, such a deal. You are reminding me that I should frame a couple of the ones I have. They really are unique.

Maria @ All Things Luxurious said...

Love your finds! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Latane Barton said...

Beautiful sheet music covers, so reminiscent of long ago days when things were simple and lovely.

Cynthia said...

Very pretty music covers. I love the frame on your blog and the door knob a lot!

Faded Plains said...

Those covers are so cool!

Anonymous said...

What a great find for a $1! They're all so pretty. Isn't the detail just amazing? I'm now following on Linky Follower and GFC. I look forward to more inspiring posts.

Unknown said...

I so love vintage sheet music myself. Most of the covers are lovely enough to frame.
Thanks for sharing.
I am following by Linky.
Michele

Unknown said...

love old sheet music too-I'm your newest follower-stop by for a visit!

Olga Siedlecka said...

I love such treasures. They are so lovely that I wound'n even cut them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...