Thursday, February 16, 2012

Winter's Almost Over

The girls are really getting antsy now.






Talk about COOPED UP!!
Just walkin' over to the hen house makes the girls get giddy with excitement.
I have cabin fever, too.





I think we're all anxious for spring. 
Even if we're not chickens lookin' for a grub on the ground.
Wishin' for the smell of thawing earth.






I love grey- the color... but grey days in general do not motivate.






Winter is beautiful, but...

I'm hopin' we've the last of her for now.






I'm pining for the sun...






...for the best is yet to come.


11 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

I love your new header, Andrea! This is a beautiful photo from your favorite things post.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Andrea, I love the new header and the wicker background.
I'm ready for spring too.
Have a great weekend.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I love your hens! Wish I had some.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

The white stuff looks so so pretty but I am sure that you have had enough of it at this stage Dawn

I hope that Spring comes soon to you.

The girls are looking great!!

Wet and drizzly here in Ireland!

Take care and have a good weekend


x Fiona

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Even though we've had a pretty wimpy winter in my neck of the woods, I'm anxious for Spring too. Looks like you and the girls had your share of snow.

Ironstone and Pine said...

such cute photos.....not used to seeing chickens against the snow like that!! Im sure they can't wait to be scratching the dirt again!!

Unknown said...

Wow, I have never seen chickens in the snow- then again I don't ever see snow either, must be such a change when spring comes!

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

The girls are looking super, especially in the snow! Love this post!

Thanks for enjoying my painting in progress. Still working on it and will post more soon.

Unknown said...

Love the photos of your chickens in the snow, Andrea! I'm with you - not a fan of a gray day. The snow is beautiful but I'm so ready for Spring!

PASSIONEDECO FRANCESCA said...

Hi! Nice to meet you! This cop...wonderful!
I will take inspiration for ours...those fairylights...great idea!

Fra

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Love your chickens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...