Sunday, July 28, 2013

Primed and Painted


Well, with base colors anyway.
I did not get to detailing yet, which will be quite extensive on this ride.
Priming felt so good,
getting rid of that ugly brown stripe it once had.






I'm fighting the evening sun in many of these shots,
and Peanut who wants to be everywhere I am.






We selected an array of aqua greens, ombre style.
The gradation of value included a strong block of light aqua on top,
with darker shades below.
It's currently very bubble-mint, or spearmint-y.






I'm loving it so far.
I painted it all by hand today,
I just finished it around 7pm.
There will be detail paint coming soon.





I haven't revealed our theme to the masses yet,
on what she's gonna be and what her travelin' name is,





but I promise you
it will be super super cool,
retro,
and festive.





Tomorrow
we work on windows, 
which should be fun,
since Dan broke two of them
and we don't know what we're going to do about that yet.

He also lost the key for the door,
so we need a new doorknob.
Adding it to the list.

I'll be sharing our progress at
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
since she is nifty and we are thrifty 
only slightly over budget so far.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I would give anything to have one of these - my skin looks a little greenish today from envy............
Can't wait to go through this process with you lol
Fantastic paint job - looks completely original actually!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! Oh, your little trailer looks adorable and you painted all by your tiny self? I'm so impressed! Love the colors you've used too. I love these little vintage trailers and would love to have one. We've recently bought an teeny little RV (it's new) but my hearts skips a beat when I see these little darling ones like yours. I'm so looking forward to going through the renovation with you. Have fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrea! Oh, your little trailer looks adorable and you painted all by your tiny self? I'm so impressed! Love the colors you've used too. I love these little vintage trailers and would love to have one. We've recently bought an teeny little RV (it's new) but my hearts skips a beat when I see these little darling ones like yours. I'm so looking forward to going through the renovation with you. Have fun.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

She's going to be a real beauty when you're finished with her. You must be having so much fun starting from scratch...looking forward to following the progress.

Pam Kessler said...

I am so impressed with your mad painting skills! It looks wonderful so far.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love it...the colors are perfect!

Blessed Serendipity said...

She's looking pretty already! I'm so happy you're sharing the progress on her - so fun!

Danielle

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Andrea,
What kind of paint did you use? Is it something special for outdoors metal? We are working on our RV too. We have the interior gutted and my husband is working on the mechanical part too, because it doesn't run great. I'm looking forward to future updates on your camper!
Angie @ Knick of Time

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...